Download YouTube Videos for Free on Any Device With These Easy Steps
Downloading YouTube videos lets you watch them offline, making it easy to keep yourself entertained when you have no internet access. You might also want to download videos while on a Wi-Fi network to avoid exceeding the data cap on your mobile plan. The good news is that you can download YouTube videos for free on the site itself or by using third-party tools. Likewise, you can strip only the audio using a YouTube to MP3 converter.
It’s important to keep in mind that downloading YouTube videos using third-party apps is against the terms of service of YouTube. The terms state that you should directly stream videos from the YouTube servers. Moreover, downloading YouTube videos without permission from the copyright owner exposes you to potential copyright infringement unless you own the video or it’s in the public domain.
With that said, let’s take a look at the steps for downloading YouTube videos on any device.
Use 4K Video Downloader to download YouTube videos on Windows
The steps are as follows.
- Download and install 4K Video Downloader.
- Open the YouTube video on your browser, and copy the URL on the address bar.
- Open 4K Video Downloader, and click the green Paste Link button.
- Select your preferred format. MP4 provides a good balance between file size and video quality.
- Download the YouTube video.
Consider using Smart Mode, a setting that saves and automatically loads your download preferences.
Use TubeMate to download YouTube videos to an Android device
TubeMate is among the most widely used tools for downloading YouTube videos to Android phones and tablets. Not only is it easy to use, but it also comes with a few useful features. TubeMate isn’t available in Google Play Store, so you need the APK file.
The steps are as follows.
- Download and install TubeMate using the APK file.
- Search for the video you want on TubeMate, open it and click the red Download button.
- Select your preferred format, and hit Download. You can add videos to a queue to be downloaded later when you have access to Wi-Fi.
Download YouTube videos to an iPhone or Mac
The steps for downloading YouTube videos to an Apple device depends on whether you’re on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod) or MacOS or OS X on a Mac.
The steps to downloading YouTube video on iOS are as follows.
- Install Documents, a file manager app that lets you download YouTube videos.
- Find the YouTube video you want on Safari or the YouTube app.
- Tap Share, and then Copy Link.
- Open the Documents app, tap on the web browser icon on the bottom right, and go to savefrom.net.
- Paste the YouTube video URL in the input, select your preferred format and start the download.
- When the download is complete, move the file from Camera Roll folder inside the Photos Folder.
There are several ways to download YouTube videos on a Mac, but the easiest is using MacX YouTube Downloader, which is also available for Windows. To download YouTube videos, add the video URL, select the quality and download. You can download more than one video.
Whether you want to download YouTube videos on Windows, Android, iOS or MacOS, the most straightforward way is installing the right app. This lets you download YouTube videos by adding the video URL and choosing your preferred format. While several formats are available, MP4 is usually the most compatible with all device platforms. When choosing the video quality, go for a balance between size and quality.